Thursday 16 June 2011

From A Beginner to...

Hi, I'm Lizzie, and I am starting to sew for two reasons: 


First, the Proverbs 31 woman makes her own clothes, and I would love to be like her. (Who wouldn't?)


Second, I love clothes.  But I'm more modest than the everyday girl.  The clothes on the market are not the most modest or very cheap.  This way I can make clothes I want, with the fabric I want, the length I want, and the price I want.  I don't want much.


I love vintage patterns.  I am hoping to improve my skills enough to take old vintage patterns and give them a modern twist.


Follow me as I go from a beginner sewer to a expert better beginner sewer.
  
I'll start on my first project in a day or so. I promise to post a lot of pictures, my mistakes along the way, my victories, my hopes and dreams for the future (just kidding about that last one.)

PS-I'm also hoping to use this as a place to post about my knitting hobby and yarn spinning obsession.



     
  
       

3 comments:

  1. Hey - I know you! I'm your first follower!! Have fun and I can't wait to read all the things you blog! Love you, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to learning from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the world of blogs! :)

    ReplyDelete