Saturday 16 July 2011

The Muslin

I finished my muslin! I made a dress out of muslin (mom and I called that dress "the muslin") so that I could fit it to my shape without messing up my pretty fabric.  

I had fun sewing and watching my favorite TV show on Netflix. There are a good amount of mistakes in it, but it is just the muslin, so it is okay (the sleeve and the facing are sewn inside out). Every time I had to rip out a seam I keep say something my great-grandma says "It's not homemade unless you've had to rip some of it out."  It is definitely homemade.  It was so nice to say "done" and put it on. Then mom helped me with the  hated  fitting.    
It's inside out, but it's a good thing because it made it easier to fit it to me.    



pictures during the fitting.
And I now have a spinning wheel! A friend of my mom's found it for 5 dollars at a garage sale.  I'm still tying to figure out how to use it, but I'm so happy with it.

   
Next: cutting out the nice fabric with the new alterations made!

4 comments:

  1. Yay you! I was never patient enough to do a dress just for fitting. Good for you! And congrats on the spinning wheel! You must be super duper excited. Love you, Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! It looks so cute! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I didn't know you had to make a dress for fitting, what do you do with it afterwards?

    Congrats on the spinning wheel! How thrilling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elena I have no idea what to do with my muslin now. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete